Chilliwack, B.C. and Las Vegas (July 25, 2017) – Known for its high quality premium pet food and commitment to sustainability, Petcurean, is expanding its popular NOW FRESH line with stew and pâté recipes for dogs and cats, made with 100 percent fresh wild salmon, turkey or pork in nutrient-rich turkey bone broth, with zero genetically engineered ingredients, and available in industry-leading recyclable and reclosable Tetra Pak cartons. The GO! SENSITIVITY + SHINE Limited Ingredient Diet line is growing with new recipes, featuring grass-fed lamb and MSC-certified pollock.
“Our NOW FRESH stew and pâté recipes have a number of characteristics that make them a unique category leader in the wet food market, including fresh, human-grade ingredients, and innovative packaging, which takes up 40 percent less shelf space than cans,” said Walter Cosman, General Manager at Petcurean. “Our new GO! LID recipes are great for all dogs and cats, but formulated especially for those with specific dietary needs and food sensitivities.”
NOW FRESH STEWS AND PÂTÉS INNOVATIVE RECIPES AND PACKAGING
Perfect served as a treat, topper, or as a complete and balanced meal, Petcurean’s new NOW FRESH stews and pâtés are available in six delicious recipes: turkey stew for dogs and cats, pork stew for dogs, wild salmon stew for cats, pork pâté for cats and wild salmon pâté for cats. All recipes are non-GMO and made in a human-grade facility with human-grade ingredients including 100 percent fresh wild salmon, turkey or pork, and fresh potatoes, carrots, peas, cranberries, sweet potatoes, and apples – all excellent sources of antioxidants, essential vitamins and minerals and dietary fiber to support digestive health. NOW FRESH stews and pâtés are made with turkey bone broth, which adds a great source of collagen and a meaty flavor that both dogs and cats love. Other recipe highlights include:
• Omega 3 & 6 oils from coconuts and canola to promote skin and coat health
• Flaxseed, an excellent source of dietary fibre and essential omega 3 & 6 fatty acids
• Dried kelp, a natural source of iodine, dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals
• Zero grains, gluten, wheat, beef, chicken, corn or soy
• Zero rendered meats, by-products, added growth hormones or artificial preservatives
Petcurean is one of the first pet food companies to choose Tetra Pak cartons as an innovative and sustainable packaging option. Sixty-five percent of the carton material is made using renewable resources, it is 100 percent recyclable, and it uses less raw material and ships more compactly than cans. With an easy-to-open tear-off strip and no sharp edges, Tetra Pak cartons are safe to handle, and easy to transport and store. In addition, the new packaging uses up to 40 percent less shelf space than cans and cups, which means less stocking and more selling!
GO! SENSITIVITY + SHINE LIMITED INGREDIENT DIET
Food sensitivities in pets are a growing concern and GO! SENSITIVITY + SHINE Limited Ingredient Diet pet food provides a solution with a single source of meat protein and as few ingredients as possible to meet the nutritional requirements of dogs and cats. New to the line are MSC-certified pollock recipes for cats and dogs, and a grass-fed lamb recipe for dogs.
The three new recipes contain premium quality meat or fish protein (fresh meat + meal) as their first two ingredients, followed by coconut oil for easy digestion and energy, tapioca, an easily digestible source of carbohydrates, chicory root, a pre-biotic that promotes digestive health.
• The MSC-certified pollock recipe for cats and dogs, features sustainably harvested Alaskan pollock, one of the most abundant and versatile fish in the world. A part of the cod family, Alaskan pollock has high nutritional value and is an excellent source of protein, minerals and omega fatty acids, and is low in carbohydrates, cholesterol and fat.
• The grass-fed lamb recipe for dogs features lamb sourced from Australia and New Zealand which is lower in fat and higher in omega-3 fatty acids than meat from animals that are fed grains. All recipes are grain-free, gluten-free and potato-free.